Tuesday, May 1, 2012

trench coat redux




windy hair model shot (note: real, actual wind was used for this photo)

Well, well, well. What have we here?

Just when I had given up on finding a trench coat and lamented on how tragic it was, I nonchalantly tried on this very trench coat while out shopping with my mom and sister. It turned out to be just the thing. I didn't wear it for several months; it hung in the closet with that magical aura and awe given to items you never think you'll find (similar to the "fancy" makeup syndrome). I was too shy to test out its magic. But now I've been wearing it constantly. I can see why so many women own a trench coat and why it's on so many wardrobe essentials lists. It instantly provides a polished, pulled together look even if you feel anything but. 

So sometimes that may mean the trench coat falls into the "costume" category, as I had scoffed a few months ago. And I'm OK with that. But I'm happy to report there isn't any swishing and swooshing.


Trench Coat: Kenneth Cole (Macy's - 2011)
Jeans: Levi's Skinny Bold Curve
Boots: Steve Madden

Trench Coat's retake exam Essential Test grade: B+

Read more of the Essential Test series here

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message! Be sure to check back for replies or answers to questions.